Sunday, July 24, 2011

Hit List by Laurell K. Hamilton, 320 pages


Anita Blake is on the trail of the Harlequin, the professional killers of the vampire council for hundreds of years, a force so scary that even speaking their name insures your death. They serve the Mother of All Darkness, the original vampire, believed to be dead. She is without a body but plans on taking over Anita's. Anita teams up with Edward to try to track these powerful monsters, but the odds aren't in their favor. Who will survive the coming showdown?
I've been reading the Anita Blake series since the mid 1990s and have really enjoyed. But the series has taken a turn to a more sexually explicit storyline that I didn't always enjoy as much. This book has less sex and much more of the original Anita Blake feel that hooked me in the beginning. I won't go into details to keep from giving away the plot, but this book left me thinking she was close to ending this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment