Friday, July 13, 2012

UnWholly by Neal Shusterman, 402 pages

I was a huge fan of Unwind when I first read it, and became a Shusterman fanatic after he came to the library and gave one of the best author visits I'd ever attended. So I've been eagerly awaiting the sequel to Unwind for ages. Our director was nice enough to pick up an Advanced Readers Copy at ALA for our teen librarian, and she was nice enough to share it with me after she'd finished it. I got it yesterday morning and finished it last night. It was terrifying, enthralling and outstanding. It really makes you wonder how much of our political and moral beliefs are shaped by the government, business interests and the media spin doctors. This will be one book that I know I'll have to buy for my 16-year-old, and I will continue to recommend Unwind and now UnWholly as a must read book.

No comments:

Post a Comment