Friday, March 4, 2016

Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson, 370 pages

This has been the best week for books I feel like. This was in the top three of all-time funniest books ever. I could not keep from laughing out loud whenever reading it. In fact, the carhop at Sonic looked at me oddly when she walked by as I was guffawing loudly. I had a twisted childhood as well (gravel fights in the summer because we had no snow for snowballs) but it was no way near as traumatic. Except for the fact that anything that happens to me has to be more traumatic than anything that happens to you, which seems to be how almost all of the human race seems to think. I believe though I almost peed myself during "The Psychopath on the Other Side of the Bathroom Door" chapter, it was so laugh-out-loud funny. I want to be Jenny's best friend, except neither of us would actually want to plan anything that involved leaving the house I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment