Monday, December 12, 2011

If It Was Easy, They'd Call The Whole Damn Thing A Honeymoon by Jenna McCarthy, 295 pages


Everytime I read a Jenna McCarthy book, I'm positive that she is writing about my marriage, but a lot more snarky and much wittier. Taking on such taboo subjects as sick spouses, remote control possession, house decorating, money issues, relatives, and, of course, sex. She takes on the difficult job of showing a truthful look at staying married in a society that considers marriage as disposable as paper sacks, and does it humorously. One of the great things are the little "At Least You're Not Married To Him" scattered throughout the books, which are little annoying habits of other women's husbands. I finished the book renewed in my appreciation of my husband's faults, and exhausted from all the laughing I did while reading this book. I even had to steal it back from my husband to finish reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment