Sunday, March 25, 2012

American Pie by Pascale Le Draoulec, 368 pages


This is the book for Readers Without Borders book club, and I'm very glad I picked it up. Pascale is heading to New York from California, and decides to turn her trip into a discovery of pie, America's favorite dessert. It's amazing how just talking about pie will turn strangers into friends bonding over this homage to family and past. It's amazing how pie differs from region to region, yet it has a common ground that brings us all together with fork in hand. I have discovered a new passion for baking and some great new pie recipes that I can't wait to try. I may wait a little while before I attempt my pie crusts, but I will be trying them sometime. This was a great read that I wholeheartedly recommend to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment