Friday, June 1, 2012

Star Crossed by Elizabeth Bunce, 359 pages

Digger is a thief on the run after from the Greenmen, magical inquisition soldiers. She finds herself a lady-in-waiting in a secluded mountain castle, where everyone seems to have secrets. Digger, now going by the name Celyn, finds herself forced to ferret out everyone's secrets, and she must decide just how far she is willing to go to save her life.
I picked this book up because Elizabeth Bunce is coming to the library this summer. I thought it would just be a fast and fluffy teen read but I was wrong. This was an complex book, with political and religious intrigue galore, with just enough magic to make it really interesting. I'm definitely going to be picking up the next book, because I can't wait to see what happens to Digger and all her friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment