Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer, 438 pages

I'd seen that Kurt from Glee had written a children's book and I was intrigued. I started it with low expectations, and I was shocked to discover just how good it was. Alex and Conner are twins who have had all the happy in their lives die when their father died. They have little hope of a happy birthday, but their grandmother gives them the book containing many of the stories their father told. Little did they expect to find that the storybook contained a magical land where the fairytales were true.
From almost page one, this book captivated me. I'm a fan of fairytale books, and I have to say that I believe this was better than the Sisters Grimm books and that is saying a lot. I would be interested in seeing if Colfer is going to write a sequel. I believe this book is so good I will most likely be buying a copy as a Christmas present for my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment