Sunday, April 21, 2013

World War II: The War at Home by Stuart Kallen, 111 pages

Sammi needed some nonfiction books about the Holocaust and WWII for a school project so I took her to the library to get some. She left them in the van and while running some errands yesterday I had 30 or so minutes in the van with nothing to do, so I picked one to kill some time. This was actually really interesting and I learned some new facts about WWII. I had never realized that Japan released bomb balloons, they floated to America, and while most were a bust, one actually went off and killed an American woman and her 5 kids. The news about the bombs wasn't released during the war so Japan wouldn't know they were effective and the American people wouldn't be demoralized. I may actually look at the other books Sammi picked up in this series to see what other facts I didn't know about WWII.

No comments:

Post a Comment