Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Missouri's Wicked Route 66 by Lisa Livingston-Martin, 127 pages

I enjoyed Lisa's other two books, but this is my definite favorite out of all three. It explores the gangsters and outlaws along Missouri's home stretch of Route 66, including a little bit of Oklahoma and Kansas. One of the shocking ones was the link to Jack the Ripper. I knew there were theories to an American 'doctor' possibly being Jack the Ripper, but I didn't realize he had ties to St. Louis. I also enjoyed reading about the Lemp Family, Frank & Jesse James, and the Stefflebeck Bordello in Galena, Kansas. This was a really fascinating look at some of the crimes that have been committed along one of America's most famous highways. I look forward to Lisa's presentation at the library in July, and I even put this book on hold for my husband because I know he'll enjoy it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment