Thursday, March 26, 2015

Cocaine Blues by Kerry Greenwood, 175 pages

My husband and I have gotten hooked on the Australian murder mystery series "Ms. Fisher's Murder Mysteries" and were excited to realize they're based on a book series. The first one was an absolute treat. It features wonderful characters, lush descriptions and clothing that has me drooling with envy. One line in the opening chapter absolutely whetted my appetite for this book. "The last time she had been fawned over with this air of distracted delight was when one country family thought that she was going to take their appalling lounge-lizard of a son off their hands, just because she had slept with him once or twice." How can you not love a book like this?
I've finished the first two and have already checked out book 3. Phryne Fisher is my new favorite heroine.

No comments:

Post a Comment