Saturday, August 8, 2015

The Martian by Andy Weir, 369 pages

I saw the blurb for this upcoming movie and saw that it was based on a book. The movie looked intriguing but I don't watch movies until I've read the book. This was more science based than I would normally pick up and when my husband read it first he said he wasn't sure I would enjoy it. It turned out to be a great read.
Astronauts are sent to Mars, there's an accident and one is left behind, believed dead. It turns out that he's still alive but has to figure out a way to survive on a lifeless planet for years until the next mission. The book was scientific but not overwhelmingly so, the inner dialogue for the astronaut was hilarious twisted, and the plot was very exciting. I can't wait to see the movie now.

No comments:

Post a Comment