Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The Woman Who Walked in Sunshine by Alexander McCall Smith, 213 pages

I've been a fan of this series since the very first book. I've even seen all the episodes of the way too short tv series. Many times once a book series hits 16 books, it feels played out or just not enjoyable. But these books prove the exception. The characters continue to grow and develop, and I really like how their interactions have stayed true to who they are and how long they've known each other. This has to be one of my favorite books so far because of one particular scene. Precious Ramotswe has always described herself as a "traditionally built" lady, but she uses that traditional build to subdue a angry woman by sitting on her. I was so glad that I wasn't reading the book in a public setting because I was laughing during that whole scene. I have come to consider the characters family and hope that author continues with many more outstanding books.

No comments:

Post a Comment