Monday, January 18, 2016

Jackaby by William Ritter, 299 pages

A co-worker kept raving about how awesome this book was and kept trying to get me to read it. I put it on my hold list but pushed it off, I think mainly to be contrary. I finally got around to reading this and my regret is that I waited so long to pick it up.
Abigail Rook arrives in New England in 1892, and starts looking for work. She almost immediately stumbles across a job as an assistant to R.F. Jackaby. A detective with a supernatural bent, Jackaby has the ability to see what others can't. But Abigail's flair for seeing the ordinary serves Jackaby well. When a serial killer baffles the police it's up to this unlikely duo to solve the case, if the banshee's wail doesn't bode the end for them.
This is very much Sherlock meets the Brothers Grimm. An outstanding read!

No comments:

Post a Comment