Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Travels in Siberia by Ian Frazier, 529 pages

Another patron had placed a hold on this book and it caught my eye when I was pulling it. So I read it when it came back. I like nonfiction books about the history of places, but this just never grabbed me. I was going to call it quits after a 100 pages or so but Blair, a co-worker, saw I was reading it and went on and on about how much he liked it and I should keep going. I plowed through it but it just never picked up for me. Basically the author writes about his trips to Siberia after his interest in the place was piqued. He includes details and history, but just not in a deep or coherent enough manner for my taste. I think because I don't have strong feelings for Russia this didn't interest me as much as a similar book about England would have.

No comments:

Post a Comment