Tuesday, May 24, 2016

TimeBangers-One Does Not Simply Walk Into Tudor by Ivery Kirk & Luna Teague, 259 pages

There was quite a collection of authors at Planet Comic-con, and this book caught my eye. Tawny and Beth go time traveling to see just how great a lay Henry VIII actually was. I love historic books, especially those set in England. I also enjoy campy and torrid books. This one was a perfect melding of all those categories. I was a little worried since it was an independent book, but it was surprisingly well-done. I enjoyed the friendship between Tawny and Beth, Beth's anxiety about being a good parent was spot on, and Tawny's social anxiety was well presented. The sex scenes weren't tasteless and were actually pretty fun. All in all, I can't wait to read the next book. Plus, I got to meet the one of the authors (Ivery Kirk) and she was so nice and humorous.

No comments:

Post a Comment