Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dead of Night by Jonathan Maberry, 357 pages


I had read Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry and thought it was an outstanding teen zombie book. So I was very excited to see this, thinking it would be similar. Instead, this book totally blew it away, being much darker, horrifying and kept me on the edge of my seat the whole book. If you are a fan of The Walking Dead, this is a book you won't want to miss. A serial killer is slated for execution, killed, and wakes up in a body bag...hungry. As the book says "This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang...but a bite." I finished this book very disturbed and decided I needed to read something lighter and fluffier for my next book.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed DEAD OF NIGHT!

    If you're looking for a ROT & RUIN fix... There are thirteen pages of free prequel scenes for ROT & RUIN available on the Simon & Schuster webpage for the book. http://books.simonandschuster.com/Rot-Ruin/Jonathan-Maberry/9781442402324

    And there are twenty-five pages of free scenes set between ROT & RUIN and DUST & DECAY. Here’s a link to the main page; access the scenes by clicking on the banner that reads: READ BONUS MATERIAL BY JONATHAN MABERRY: http://books.simonandschuster.com/Dust-Decay/Jonathan-Maberry/9781442402355

    Benny Imura and his friends will return in FLESH & BONE (2012) and FIRE & ASH (2013)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first reaction when I saw your comment was "OMG, Jonathan Maberry just wrote on my review!" I will definitely look at the prequel and linking pages. I was wondering how much you would charge for an author visit to our library? There are ton of staff people who are huge fans, and I know there are adult and teen patrons who would be excited to see you. Just wondering if it's even a possibility?

    ReplyDelete