Monday, November 21, 2011

The Isle of Blood by Rick Yancey, 558 pages


This is the 3rd book in the Monstrumologist series by Yancey. Dr. Warthrop is on the trail of the monster of all monsters "The Faceless One". He ends up leaving Will Henry behind, taking an eager young monster-hunter assistant, Arkwright. Will Henry doesn't trust Arkwright and soon ends up going after Dr. Warthrop himself. Together, they will chase down this monster, but who knows if they will survive the trip.
This is one of the darkest series I've ever read, especially for a teen book. I don't like Dr. Warthrop at all, I just want to wrap Will Henry up and take him home with me. These books would make amazing movies, especially if handled by Tim Burton. I could see a young Tim Curry playing Warthrop, or Johnny Depp.

1 comment:

  1. Warthrop reminds me of House. I think Hugh Laurie (without his weird American accent) could pull off this character very well.

    ReplyDelete