Thursday, January 19, 2012

Zombies! Zombies! Zombies! edited by Otto Penzler, 810 pages


This book is a massive collection of zombie stories, featuring a wide variety of authors. A lot of the stories appeared in the pulp magazines during their heyday, but also includes stories by Stephen King, Robert Bloch and such. It also has the very first story to feature the word zombie, by W. B. Seabrook. One of the nice features of this book is that it has author bios at the beginning of each story, giving a little background about the writer. One of my favorites was the one for Robert Bloch who is also known for his book Psycho. He was accused of being a macabre writer and defended himself by saying "Why, I have the heart of a small boy. It's in a jar, on my desk." If you enjoy zombie fiction this is a must read book. I'm even considering buying a copy for my personal collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment