Monday, August 27, 2012

Death Makes the Cut by Janice Hamrick, 322 pages

This was the much awaited sequel to Death on Tour, which was Janice Hamrick's first mystery. I was a big fan of Death on Tour, so I was unsure whether or not the author would be a one hit wonder. Well, I must say I enjoyed this book just as much even though it took place in Texas instead of Egypt, and I'm not really a fan of books set in Texas. Jocelyn Shore is back home and ready to start a new school year, when she stumbles over the dead body of a fellow teacher. She quickly becomes involved in trying to help solve the crime, and becomes a target herself. Throw in a distant boyfriend in a long-distance relationship, and much too attractive police detective, an over-the-top drama teacher, and the craziness of her cousin, and it all adds up to what may be this teacher's final exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment