Monday, August 13, 2012

Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones, 329 pages

Cari listed this as her favorite book and it looked interesting so I thought I would give it a try. Sophie lived in a small town and was the oldest of three, which everyone knows, according to all the stories, is the first to fail. She is resigned to a life of making hats until the Witch of the Waste comes in, and displeased with Sophie's hats, curses her to be an old lady. Sophie sets off on her own immediately and ends up at the moving castle of Howl, a horrible wizard known for eating young girls' hearts. But since Sophie isn't young anymore, she should be safe. But, will Howl be safe from her?                                     This was an interesting fantasy book, reminding me of the books I read in high school, loving this time of fantasy. It was well-crafted and entertaining, and I think I will be looking for the movie.  



No comments:

Post a Comment