Monday, March 18, 2013

The Runaway King by Jennifer Nielsen, 331 pages

I'd read the first book in this trilogy when I'd brought home "The False Prince" for Sammi to read. She'd finished it quickly, came up to me, and said "You have to read this so I have someone to talk about it with!!!" I started it and quickly found myself devouring the book. It was a long wait for this one to come out, but as soon as it did I brought it home. From the first sentence, my daughter was hooked. I mean, with an opening sentence like "I had arrived early for my own assassination." how can you not be? As soon as she finished it, I started it and read it in just one day. I don't really want to go into plot details since it's the second book and many people haven't read the first one yet. I will say, it reminds me a lot of "The Thief" by Turner and is extremely well written, with captivating characters, and lots of action. Now, the only thing that has my family sad is the wait for the third book in what is a great series.

No comments:

Post a Comment