Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dead Rules by Randy Russell, 376 pages


Jana Webster has much of her life and personality tied up in being half of the couple known as Jana Webster/Michael Haynes. She knew that they were meant to be together forever, that is until she dies from a tragic bowling accident while on a double date with another couple. Jana then wakes up on the bus to Dead School, without Michael. She knows that she must work hard to figure out how to kill Michael so they can be together again. Nothing will stop her, not even her attraction to the darkly handsome and mysterious Mars Dreamcote.
This is an advance reader's copy that Renee had sent to her to review. I picked it up because I was stuck in a slow drive-thru lane and this was in the van. I figured I would read just the first few pages until I was done waiting. But this book was so funny that I kept reading the book. It's a teen Romeo and Juliet retelling, with a hilarious twist. My daughter knew that she would be one to die from a bowling accident! I really recommend that Cari get this for the teen department when it comes out next month.

1 comment: