Friday, July 29, 2011

The Help by Kathryn Stockett, 451 pages


Well, I think I am one of the last people in America to read this book. There has been so much hoopla about this book that I've put off reading it. Either I want to read a book before everyone else has or I'm likely to avoid a book that everyone is reading. But this one has gotten so many great reviews, plus the movie trailer I saw looked good. And I refuse to see a movie if I haven't read the book first. So, I finally picked this up and knocked it out. I won't go into plot details because you would have to have been living in a cave not to know them, but I was pleasantly surprised to find myself enjoying the book. It had interesting characters, a compelling plot and good writing. I will definitely be going to see the movie now to see how the two measure up against each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment