Tuesday, July 26, 2011

If You Were Here by Jen Lancaster, 306 pages


Mia is a writer of teen Amish zombie books (there's an underrated genre) and feels confident that her and her husband Mac have watched enough DIY home improvement shows for them to tackle a home improvement project of their own. But it quickly becomes a huge money pit (like the 80s movie reference, read the book and you'll get the joke) that starts to destroy their marriage. But this house becomes a symbol that Mia can't let go of.
I love Jen Lancaster, she is snarky, sarcastic, and one of the funniest writers I've read. She has the same attitude I do to so many things, so I love having someone else with the same dark place in her soul, saying the same mean and evil things I think. I finished this book with a strong craving to watch 16 Candles and Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Lisa, you will love this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment