Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Tale Dark & Grimm by Adam Gidwitz, 256 pages


This book had been reviewed earlier in the blog and sounded really good so I thought I would pick it up. I love the original Grimm fairy tales, children getting cooked, stepsisters getting their eyes pricked out by birds, tons of blood, what's not to like. This is Hansel and Gretel but with them wandering through some of the less famous but still darkly delicious Grimm tales. I especially like the narrator warning you not to let your children read this, not to read it to them, stop reading now! and such. My 9-year-old has been wanting to read the original fairy tales for a while and I told her if she was able to read this I would probably let her. She is only a few chapters from the end and loving the book. If you like your fairytales dark and twisted, you'll want to pick this book up.

No comments:

Post a Comment