Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang by Ian Fleming, 150 pages

I had recently picked up the new children's book that was a sequel to this. The movie has always been one of my favorites (because who doesn't love Dick Van Dyke) but I'd never read the book. So, I decided it was time to read this children's classic by the author of the James Bond series (yep, that Ian Fleming). Well, I hate to say it, but this was one time that I liked the movie better than the book. The candy played a very minor role, the mother was still alive, and they didn't have the toymaker or evil ruler at all in the story. The book wasn't bad by any means, it just wasn't the wonderful story that I've loved since I first saw it as a kid. But I'm glad I can now say I've read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment