Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen, 342 pages

I had brought this book home for Samantha (my 10-year-old) and she loved it. She finished it and then went around the house asking all of us to read it so she would have some to talk about it with. I picked it up and realized she was right about how wonderful it was.
The book starts with Sage, an orphan being picked up along with two other boys by Conner, a nobleman with a devious plan. Their country stands on the brink of war because the king's family is dead and there is no one to take the throne except for the king's long-believed son. Conner plans to sit an impersonator on the throne to save the country from a power-struggle. Sage knows that Conner can't have two "princes" running around, so Sage must win this contest or be killed. But secrets abound in all the players, and the truth could be a death sentence for anyone.
This book grabbed me from almost page one, and was great. I am definitely hoping that the author writes a sequel, because I really want to see what happens next with the characters and the country. One of the best children's books I've read.

No comments:

Post a Comment