Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wonder by R.J. Palacio, 315 pages

Auggie was born with severe facial deformities that resulted in him being homeschooled until now. He is about to start fifth grade at Beecher Prep. Auggie knows that he is normal on the inside, his outsides just don't show it, but can he make his classmates realize that.
Jeana had reviewed this book and it sounded pretty good so I checked it out for my 10-year-old. I happened to finish the book I was reading on my lunch break and this was in the van so I started it today. I couldn't put it down. This was one of the sweetest books I've ever read. It reminded me somewhat of the "Mask" movie with Cher. I was crying at the very end of the book, it was so good. This might be a juvenile book, but I think everyone should read it. I really can't say enough good things about it. Pick it up, but make sure you have some tissues at the end of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment