Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Garden Intrigue by Lauren Willig, 388 pages

The Pink Carnation series by Lauren Willig is always outstanding, I love the blend of Regency historical romance with intrigue combined with modern England ala shades of Bridget Jones' Diary. This one has Augustus Whittlesby in France with a cover as a horribly bad poet, using his reams of unreadable poetry to hide his reports. American born Emma Delagardie is a widow who is a close family friend of the Bonapartes. Whittlesby uses her connections to get close to Napoleon, trying to discover information about a secret device that could enable Napoleon to invade England. But Whittlesby finds himself falling for Emma.
One of the things I enjoyed in this book was a look at The Pink Carnation, I'm hoping we get to see her fall in love in an upcoming book. Eloise and Colin's relationship has also been one of the things that keeps me picking up each new books. I'm interested to see what happens via the treasure hunt (I don't want to give anything away.) As I've said before, it's Jane Austen meets James Bond in these books, so they're a delightful treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment