Wednesday, August 31, 2011

License to Pawn by Rick Harrison, 256 pages


I'm a big fan of Pawn Stars on the History Channel so I was excited to see this book on the new nonfiction shelf. The show is about a pawn shop in Las Vegas that specializes in odd and unusual items along with the normal pawned items. It features history, little known facts and really odd people, so it's always funny. I have this book for three weeks and have about 30 other books I need to read but this one got read the day I checked it out. I knew I would have to fight off my husband and oldest daughter for the book, plus I wanted to read something fun and light. If you don't watch the show on tv, this might not be the greatest book for you since it reads better if you have a lot of back info from the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment