Sunday, August 21, 2011

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, 352 pages


Lisa has reviewed this book already so I won't go into a ton of detail. Jacob has heard stories about his grandfather's childhood, especially the orphanage he lived in and the wonderfully odd children who were also there. But it's not long before Jacob realizes that the stories are just fairy tales, or so he thinks until his grandfather's death. Jacob goes to the small Welsh island to see if he can discover the truth but the cost may be too high.
I have to say I really enjoyed this wonderfully quirky and dark book. The pictures added an extra layer to the story, showcasing some of the abilities of the children. I will be awaiting the next book, I can't wait to see what happens to Jacob next.

No comments:

Post a Comment