Monday, April 11, 2011

Beastly by Alex Flinn, 304 pages


Kyle is the prince of his high school, beautiful, arrogant, and selfish. When he invites a weird, goth girl to the high school dance as a joke he doesn't expect the night to end with him cursed. Kyle's now a beast, unloved by his father, living alone with only a maid and a blind tutor. The witch who cursed him has given Kyle a chance to break the curse. He must find someone who loves him and who he loves, within two years. But as a hairy beast Kyle knows that he'll never find love.
This book is one of the newest teen book sweeping the literary world, especially with the new movie that has come out. I put off reading this book thinking it would be teen fluff but I really enjoyed it. Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite fairy tales and this was a fun adaptation. I liked the fact that it had a witch, the rose, and the magic mirror and was set in modern day New York City. I'm interested in seeing how the book translates to the big screen.

1 comment:

  1. I read this a few years ago when it first came out. It's a fun, fast read. And the Beauty and the Beast tale has always been one of my favorites, so this was an interesting adaptation.

    ReplyDelete