Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sweet Valley Confidential by Francine Pascal, 293 pages


I read a ton of Sweet Valley High books through middle school and somewhat in high school. So I was interested when I heard there was a new book that takes place 10 years after the last one. Jessica has betrayed Elizabeth and Elizabeth is now living in New York City. Can these two sisters ever patch this up and become the twins and friends they were before? I can't go into any more details without giving too much of the plot.
This book isn't what you would call fine literature but fit the Sweet Valley High mood exactly. The books were always fun pieces of fluff (I still remember slam books going around my school because we read about it in SVH) but that is all they weren't meant to be. For anyone who grew up with Jessica, Elizabeth, Steven, Todd, Bruce, Lila and the rest of the gang, you should pick this book up and enjoy a walk down memory lane. It's a little more grown up than the originals but so are the characters. I broke out laughing when Mom Wakefield dropped the f-bomb in this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment