Tuesday, April 5, 2011

In Grandma's Attic by Arleta Richardson, 138 pages


I had the first two or three books in this series when I was a kid, and I saw on Amazon.com that they were re-releasing them. I eagerly requested all of them through inter-library loan and have been enjoying these books, reading them as fast as I can so my kids can read them too. They are basically stories that remind me of Little House on the Prairie. Mabel is the grandma telling stories of growing up in the "old days" with her parents and two older brothers on a farm. With such stories of a birthday cake for Ma that has a surprise flavoring, pa taking an unexpected bath, Nellie the horse making trips to town, and the excitement of one pair of shoes a year, these humorous but moral-teaching stories are a great look back. I may end up buying new copies of these books for my kids (heck, I may keep them for myself).

No comments:

Post a Comment