Monday, April 25, 2011

Land of the Painted Caves by Jean M. Auel, 1248 pages


I've read all the book in the Clan of the Cave Bear series many time over the years ever since I picked the first one up when I was thirteen. There was almost a ten year wait for the next to last book and then about 9 years for this final book. I must say this last book just didn't measure up to the first books but was still a read I wouldn't have missed. Ayla and Jondalar have made it home to his people and Ayla is training to be a Zelandonia, a spiritual leader. But they still love each other deeply. Jean Auel has brought to life prehistoric people with this massive series. I recommend starting with the first book in the series and working your way through before you pick this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment