Sunday, April 3, 2011

Marked by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast, 306 pages


Zoey Redbird is 16 years old and has just been marked as a fledgling vampyre. She goes to the school the House of Night to train to become an adult vampyre, if she survives the change. As if it wasn't difficult enough being a teenager and a fledgling, Zoey has also been chosen by the Goddess Nyx as a special servant. Zoey must learn to handle her special powers, make friends, deal with her human ex-almost boyfriend, and deal with the power-hungry leaders of the school's Dark Daughters group.
I've put off reading the House of Night series because I thought they were just teen fluff. I read this for the Creatures of the Night book club since this month was a teen read. I was forced to admit to my 15-year-old that she was right and this is a really good series, at least the first book is. I will be picking up the next book very soon, hopefully it will be as good as the first book.

No comments:

Post a Comment