Sunday, April 17, 2011

Down the Nile: Alone in a Fisherman's Skiff by Rosemary Mahoney, 273 pages


MSSU has chosen Egypt as their next country and Rosemary Mahoney is the author who is coming to do an author talk. She spent 3 days rowing down the Nile by herself and this book features her adventures. More of the book is spent on her trying to buy a book than on her actual rowing time but it's an interesting look at Egypt. It's amazing how different their culture treats women, and how foreign women are treated not as women but a different being completely. I have dreamed about traveling to Egypt for years but I'm not sure if I would be comfortable going on my own after reading this. I look forward to the Egypt semester at MSSU and getting to listen to Rosemary talk about her time in Egypt.

No comments:

Post a Comment